Sunday, October 24, 2010

New projects



Long time no post.....I have just finished one project, and am about to embark on a new one. The scarlet and gray lap quilt above is for a friend who is a huge OSU Buckeye fan. I am pleased with the way it turned out,but I gotta say working with reds is not my thing. I realized I am only happy when I am fingering those civil war fabrics! LOL
The 3 squares above a trial squares for what will probably be my masterpiece. The inspiration came from Jo Morton's Courthouse Steps quilt featured in American Patchwork and Quilting. I nearly swooned when I saw it! Now THAT is my idea of a heavenly quilt! I considered it a sign that I even had the same center square fabric she used that I had been hoarding for some time.....The large square is according to the magazine directions....however,for some reason I kinda like the smaller version. It has one less round and I think it looks more balanced. What do you think?
I am starting this baby today.....ooooh I sooo love it! Anyone else wanna join me?

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh I fell in love with that same quilt of Jo Morton's! It is beautiful! As of right now I have 10 of the blocks done, I'll add to them a little at a time! Civil War fabrics are my favorite too! I finished a huge log cabin quilt made from Civil War fabrics not long ago (photo on my blog) and I have a bunch of scraps left, so I thought I would use them for this quilt!!! Can't wait to see more of your progress!
Kristie

Mindy said...

LOVE love love! I haven't made a quilt in forever... I guess now is not the time in my life for quilt making. :) I'll just have to drool over yours.